Monday, September 2, 2013

The Passage of Time

It is a commonplace that time seems to pass more swiftly as we age. Recently I ran into something in my reading that caused me to examine this chestnut. It seems that psychologists believe that we mark the passage of time (time as in months and years, not hours and minutes) by the memories that we carry from times past. The more distinct memories, the more slowly time seems to pass. Therefore, if an old buzzard wishes to slow the apparent passage or time, he needs to create memories. What a good idea. Let's make some memories.
But not during my approaching month in a plaster cast, please.

1 comment:

  1. I am fascinated by this too, Daddoo. I will send you something related that I wrote recently under separate cover. xo, Time Girl

    ReplyDelete