Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wrong way, stupid!

Whenever I try to insert a polarized plug into a socket, it won't go. Gotta reverse it. Well, maybe not always. I'd say, maybe 70-80% of the time, more if a power tool, as a safety measure, perhaps. And I refuse to look carefully beforehand, a matter of high principle.
The same thing happens with other plug-jack combos (like HDMI, won't go,
ever). The most remarkable, though, are USB drives. I have seven of them, and have used them fairly often. I am still waiting for the first time one of them goes right into the socket (yes, I know there is a funny lil picture on the "up" side - but sometimes the "up" side goes down).
Somewhere I have a doppelganger for whom insertion is a breeze. When I find him, I will punch in his sneering face.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the socket before hand is as bad a habit as reading instructions for a piece of IKEA junk. Except that with the plug the wrong way nothing works, and IKEA stuff is such crap that anyone's guess is as good as theirs, and you are going to toss the crap out soon anyway.

    ReplyDelete