Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Farewell, My Lovely

My faithful lawn mower, which served without complaining for many many years and spread its rare 22-inch deck over lots of lawn, gave up the ghost this afternoon. It had mowed like a trooper all morning, but just wouldn't keep firing after lunch. I suspect heart trouble--bad fuel pump--and it was time to go. The folks at Squirrel Point have taken it away and I'm sure they have someone who can fix it. On Sunday I will pick up a battery-operated mower with a 21-inch deck from Rocky's Hardware. Then we are down to gas engines only in the car and the boat. If you got the allusion in the title, you have a good understanding of bathos.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you went electric. It's quite lovely. Our new neighbors have done the same. It beats the lawn crew that does the lot across the street...very loudly.

    ReplyDelete