Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

A cold election day, with a large turnout expected in Maine. I will not be at the polls, having voted "absentee" quite a while ago. Apparently lots of people are doing this, although at least in Arrowsic, it makes extra work for the clerks. But since Toby said it was all right, I did it. Grandma is tending the polls at the Town Hall, as always.
Previously, I had thought of leaving the country for election day, but gradually I realized that was a bit extreme. And where to go? One would have to go very far to be out of reach of the media. Newspapers all around the world have sections on the American election, and interest is high. Most of what I read from abroad are expressions of amazement and dismay about the American electorate, so benighted as to give a liar without portfolio a decent shot at becoming president. That, I understand.
So I will take Angus up on his offer and celebrate what what seems a sure win in Freeport.

No comments:

Post a Comment