Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Vive le roi


The King of Koof's Island! Recently it has been circumnavigated many times by the youth, but only one has claimed the territory. Apparently, if you do not inhabit your territory for seven years, any punk can come along and claim it. Ah, well.
It has been a long and busy month with lots of children around the Crotch. So far everything is standing. We have only two left this week, and we are sharing Maggie and Jonas with the McGraths. Those kids are attending a day camp at the Maritime Museum, which seems pretty successful.

After all this time with grandchildren, Papa, did you want to extend it to another week?
Well, I call it taper.

3 comments:

  1. This post made me very happy, Papa. I was just feeling remorse for not yet teaching Jonas how to enjoy riding the tide from the little river at Reid to the ocean, and then panicking just a bit that Jonas hadn't really been swimming at all this summer, when I saw this. Thank you for it, and for all the posts here. I love the coaching post (Mikey K. is a coach, too!), and I am so very glad that your book of poems is in the world. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I did inhabit my territory within the past seven years, although I do think it is time to hand down my sovereign land to the next generation. Time to teach that young man the secret bump...er...handshake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're surely not suggesting a renaming of Koofes Island!

    ReplyDelete