Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Signs of Age from the Green Man

How melancholy it is when aging folks say: "I'll never see Paris again," or "This is the last time I'll be able to run the marathon," or other gloomy, whiny statements. But how happy it is when a fellow approaching 70 can say, "I'll never go under the trailer to paint the bottom of my boat again!"
It does look pretty good, a lovely dark green, and I am surprised at how far a quart of ablative anti-fouling paint goes, but  what the hell. Ah, the years can be kind.
In other nautical news, we have hopes that a mooring will be in when we launch Autumn on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Try "Thank goodness I don't have to go to stupid Paris again" or "No more kids' tuition any more" or better yet "I don't have to pretend I like boats any more" and same for stuff like skiing or running. All that stuff is a real waste of time. Better to go rake leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark green is much more tasteful than turquoise (ahem). Bottom paint is a NASTY thing. I'm glad to hear you are done. Gregg is always available.... :)

    ReplyDelete