Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I got a Chromebook

Nerd alert! Nerd alert! Seeing a special at Best Buy, I gave in to my worser nature, and bought this for $199. It is terrific -- as long as you have Internet. Boots from cold in 7 seconds, and instantly from sleep. I haven't yet found any computer task I can't do with it, but I'm sure there are some. The main thing is how fast it is, because it has just a tiny Linux OS under the Chrome browser. I much prefer it to a tablet. And I couldn't think of a good blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Could be my next 'laptop.' Will be very curious to see what you think of it in a couple of weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...are you loving it? I am thinking we should pick one up for Sally before she arrives in August for her first break from the PC in 18 months. As her tablet died in Guyana, and she mentioned wanting a laptop for the remainder of her time there, this one seems lowest risk (heat & humidity etc.) and a good bargain.

    I used one out at YouTube HQ last week and liked it fine. What do you think of it now? And where can we find it for $199 now?!

    ReplyDelete