Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Paschal Boat

As we were peering down at hole #4 on our Easter frisbee golf game, Grandma spotted a hull down at the river's edge. Gregg and Toby went to rescue it, and at risk of life and limb, hauled it ashore and up the bank. It is the derelict hull of a Cape Dory 7 1/2 foot sailing dinghy. The hull seems mostly sound, but the rest is wrecked. I have advertised it as lost, but if it goes unclaimed I think I will attempt to rebuild it and maybe teach someone to sail. It is a bit small for Papa, but I do like its lines and lineage.
This blog has been silent for some time, as the bloggah has not felt inspired. And still doesn't, much. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. The all new Special K awaits your attention...but if that fails, I'd love her for a planter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is inspiring just now Ripped rotator cuff and too much work. Blah. I guess all my travels weren't so bad after all. Feeling down tonight, but alas, there is no concrete reason for it. I think I shall go watch DEADLIEST CATCH as it premiers tonight.

    I think you might think about restoring this aged beauty. Just think. Maybe do.

    xo

    ReplyDelete