Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dingle dongle - more tech

NERD ALERT. Wow. It seems like just a month or so ago that I read about a $50 barebones "computer" for experimenters or life in the jungle. But I ran into a tiny Android device that plugs into the HDMI port in any TV and bought one. It has amazing specs and works remarkably well. Watching HD travel videos on our 42-incher makes us eager to hit the skies, and of course Grandma was rocking out to the rock videos. It is a full computer, very fast and able. Cost $44 with free shipping, takes USB keyboard/mouse. Amazing. Here is a nice Chinese fella showing it off on YouTube. Holy mackerel.

2 comments:

  1. Not another gizmo! I hope Connie doesn't see this because she will get one, find out our TV is far too old, gat a new TV, hook it up, then it won't work, I will have to reiterate my feelings about Chinese manufacturing and it will take up weeks of our lives! Whats wrong with using the old TV to watch Netflix CDs of Downton Abby for crying in a bucket?? Dave here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you need to become a TV show pirate. I hear the BBC/ITV have some fine shows in Egnland (not that I have my own Pirate looking out for me or anything...)

    ReplyDelete