Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Halloween

The storm, such as it was, is past. We didn't have any damage here at the Crotch. Apparently, setting up the generator and pitchers of water sent the wind away to lash and bash elsewhere.
It is remarkable how this weather event is apparently able to outplay two billion dollars of ad money in the election. Whether or not it will really make any difference, who knows? But it is a lovely distraction.
For some time I have dreaded election night, and have thought of departing for foreign climes. However, having received an invitation to watch election returns at Angus King HQ in Freeport, I am thinking, why not go with a winner? Then come home and go to sleep.
Yes, that's my jack o'lantern to the right. My real hope was to put an LED candle into the mouth of Jonas... now there would be a REAL jack o'lantern! Anyway, I have baked the seeds. They're not as good as Molly's or Bart's, but they are pretty tasty nonetheless.

1 comment: