Sunday, June 3, 2012

Old technology

During the 70's our family traded cassette tapes, from Philadelphia to Andover, and later from East to West coast, when we were on sabbatical there in 1977-78 and when Aba and Ema moved to the hellhole of Barstow (well, Hinkley) in the Mojave Desert several years later. Today I dug out those tapes, as well as one that I recorded from a 33 1/3 RPM record of Papa and Other Mama's trip to Europe in the early 60s. Sadly, much of this info is on cheap audiotapes, and not really recoverable. But I did get some of them converted to MP3 format, and will post them. I had almost forgotten how wonderful were our dinners and some social times. These days it is hard to find such happy, contentious dinner and cocktail conversations. I wonder why? If you know, please add a comment.
References to follow one of these days. You, too, can be borne back to the past ("Shut up, Aba!" said___ [guess who]).

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to the MP3s -- and to recreating some contentious dinner conversation. Gregg and I are almost always available...save our sailing schedule this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete