Saturday, November 21, 2020

Farewell, my lovelies

 Most Saturdays, even when they weRe not in season, I have been eating oysters on the half shell. At first we got them down the road in Georgetown, but when that site dried up I found Emily's Oysters, cultivated in Freeport and sold at the Bath Farmer's Market. As the summer turned to fall the oysters grew larger and tastier. Emily's last day at the market was today. Although she sells them out of her house in Bath (in fact, she has an oyster CSA), I think the custom has run its course. No more oysters for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how sad. Do not deny yourself the pleasure...especially when you can purchase them from her directly! I say move to a monthly cadence rather than cutting oysters out of your life completely. :-)

    ReplyDelete