Friday, January 4, 2013

Smoke and mirrors

Sea smoke and ten degrees this morning, a little warmer than yesterday. Much as I hate the cold, I admit that dawn on the Kennebec is gorgeous just about every day in the winter.
But the real cheering news comes from our friends at the useless survey bureau. And what wonderful information we received: it's OK, maybe even good, to be a little fat. See here! What's good about this? Well, butter, for one. I'm sure we can think of many others. But for me, the best thing is the lifting of the constant feeling of guilt that I have carried around each day that I do not film the fat ladies riding around in electric carts at Walmart. Bye bye to that project. And I'll just bet this news makes Andy Reid's day. Order up another chicken fried steak, Big Red.

2 comments:

  1. I share the joy of having plumpness recognized properly! As long as I can fit through trolly doors I feel I am not officially a lardass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In addition to the new news that plump may mean a longer life, you are supposed to make sure you have some dark chocolate & about 3 cups of regular coffee every day... so, let's hear it for science catching up to instinct... I knew there was a reason I want coffee & chocolate every day... ;-)

    ReplyDelete